If you’ve been traveling in Nicaragua for any period of time you’ve surely seen people walking around sporting those black “Sunday Funday” tank-tops and asked yourself “What is Sunday Funday anyway?” The short answer is that it’s a big party, but here’s the long answer filled with important details if you’re thinking about doing it.
Sunday Funday is a pool party/pool crawl that takes place in San Juan del Sur every Sunday afternoon. It is hosted by San Juan’s most popular backpacker hostel, Pacha Mama.
Tickets go on sale each Sunday morning at Pacha Mama (Location 1) at 10AM. It is advised to arrive early, about 9:30AM, because the event tends to sell out. Tickets cost $10 USD for Pacha Mama guests and $20 USD for non-guests. Included in the price of the ticket is a Sunday Funday tank-top.
- Tickets go on sale at 10AM every Sunday morning at Pacha Mama
- Shuttle leaves from the main road at 2PM
- First Stop: Pelican Eyes (2:30PM – 5:00PM)
- Second Stop: Naked Tiger (5:30PM – 7:00PM)
- Third Stop: Pacha Mama (7:30PM until you pass out in a pool of your own mess)
Be prepared for a lot of “bro-style” madness in a sea of black tank-tops and inebriated 20-somethings. It’s sure to be an experience to say the least.